· Mourad, K.A. Alshehabi, O. and Berndtsson, R., 2014. Assessment of future Syrian Water resources: supply and demand by WEAP model. 3rd International Conference on Environmental SciencesDubai, UAE.
· Wessels, J., Mourad, K.A, 2013. Playing the Jordan River Basin Boardgame (JRBB) with Syrian communities in the Occupied Golan Heights. European consortium for Political Research (ECPR) conference, Bordeaux. 4th – 7th September 2013. France.
· Wessels, J., Mourad, K.A, 2013. Hydro-politics, Ecosystems and Syrian communities at the Occupied Golan Heights. Paper submitted to the 7th ECPR General Conference Sciences Po, Bordeaux. 4th – 7th September 2013. France.
· Mourad, K.A. 2013. Water, peace and Integrated Water Resources Management. Paper submitted to the 54th Annual Convention of the International Studies Association (April 03-06, 2013), San Francisco, California, USA.
· Mourad, K.A. 2012. The economic value of agricultural water in Syria, paper submitted to World Congress on water, climate and energy, 13-18 May 2012, Dublin, Ireland.
· Mourad, K. A. 2012. Domestic and industrial water demands in Syria. Poster submitted to Hydrogeology of Arid Environments. Hannover, Germany, 14 - 17 March, 2012.
· Mourad, K.A. 2011. Future water availability in Syria. Paper submitted to the Middle East Studies Association (MESA) 2011 Annual Meeting, [Session P2736 : The Struggle for Water in the Middle East: Potential and Pitfalls of Transboundary Cooperation], Washington, DC, USA, 1-4 December 2011.
· Mourad, K.A., Berndtsson, R. Aggestam, K., 2011. Water and peace in the Middle East: the role of integrated water resources management. Paper submitted to the International Water Week/ Young Professional Workshop. Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 29 October -4 November 2011.
· Mourad, K.A. and Berndtsson, R., 2011. Water availability in Syria, Will it be enough? Paper presented in Management of Water in Changing World: Lessons Learnt and Innovative Perspectives. Dresden, Germany. P. 152, 11-12 October 2011.
· Mourad, K.A., Berndtsson, J.C. and Berndtsson, R., 2011. Potential greywater reuse: Case study in Sweida area. The sixth IWA specialist conference on efficient use and management of water. Dead Sea, Jordan, 29 March- 2 April 2011.
· Mourad, K.A., Gaese, H. and Jabarin, S. A. 2010. Economic Value of Tree Fruit Production in Jordan Valley from a Virtual Water Perspective World Congress for Middle Eastern Studies. WOCMES. Barcelona, Spain, 19-24 July 2010.
Workshops and Seminars:
· 13.10.2013-19-10.2013: ITT Alumni Seminar 2013: Rio+20: From Recommendation to Practice - Regional Showcases for Implementation. Cologne, Germany.
· 10-11.03.2011: The third meeting of technical experts on the application of the ecosystem approach. Istanbul, Turkey.
· 6-7.06.2010: The second meeting of technical experts on the application of the ecosystem approach. Barcelona, Spain.
· 8-9.04.2010: The first meeting of technical experts on the application of the ecosystem approach. Rome, Italy.
· 26.10-03.11.2009: International meeting »water, wastewater and the environment? Urgent issues for sustainability. Braunschweig, Germany.
· 11-13.10.2007: Workshop to reformulate the work areas of the AZAHAR program. Jordan, Amman.
· 1-3.06. 2006: International meeting to review the long term implementation of national action plans to address pollution from land-based. Durrës, Albania.
· 13-14.06. 2005: The fifth meeting on reporting under the Barcelona convention. Rabat, Morocco.